Thursday, April 7, 2011

To Bank... Or... Not to Bank....

I have always hated banks..... I feel that they are an institution made by the corporate world to suck the life and blood out of every individual, fool enough to acquire their services. They are the devil’s advocate.... and I am sure that you are all familiar with the quote “Money is the root of all evil”.... Well, these banks roll in lots of it..... need I say more?

Now I know, and I am not so naive to believe, that you would all believe and agree with what I have just said. Some of you may even say that I am so harsh to have said such a thing.... well maybe.... BUT let me just share why I feel this way about banks.....

I have never been a big fan of banks. Ever since I was a kid, I was not so keen on the “save your penny for a rainy day” ideology. Although believe me, my mom has been pounding us (her children) to do so.... Spend wisely, only get what you need, and use your piggy banks for what they are for.... no.... not as decoration but for actual saving.... Yeah? Well.... if my piggy bank were a real piggy, it would be the most malnourished piggy you would ever see in your life :P that’s how bad I was.

It’s not that I don’t like banks per se.... but more of... well, more of a trust issue. I don’t trust anyone else would handle my HARD-EARNED money, better than I can.... (well in my case, my mom can LOL).  Come to think about it, what do banks really do anyway? They always say that they have your best interest at heart and that they are here to make your money grow through investments and interests and what nots. If this were really the case, then how come so many people are buried in DEBT and are on financial redlines? Properties that you’ve invested blood sweat and tears on are taken away as collateral or guarantee that you will pay them back..... wait wait wait...... since when did the tables get turned???? Now you OWE the bank???? ....  didn’t you just give them money for safekeeping so you would not be in this very situation?

And one more thing.... banking transactions are a major PAIN IN THE ASS nowadays. Okay, tell me how you would feel if you went to a bank, handed all your documents which you painstakingly filled up to make sure nothing goes wrong, only to be informed later on (think 3 days after) that the transaction did not go through because the bank thought that your D was an O!!!!! WTF!!!!! Are you F””%$£%£ kidding me???!!!! SERIOUSLY..... they couldn’t have asked you this question... I don’t know... 3 DAYS AGO!!!! When your ass was right there at their bank and you could have made the changes right there and then???? DAMMIT!!!!....... ( okay.... breathe..... breathe....)

I do not mean to flare up like this but my experiences with banks have been so ridiculously frustrating that I don’t know whether to laugh, cry or throw a fit....  To be honest, I would gladly live the rest of my life without having to do anything with banks.... BUT.... Alas! It’s the golden era of banking. You would not get anywhere or do anything without a bank statement backing you up. So.... To the rest of human kind who shares the same sentiments.... GOOD LUCK TO US!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment